The Erasmus + Youth program funds Fundación del Valle another youth exchange project, in which 10 young Spaniards welcome 10 young Austrians, all of them students between 14 and 25 years of age with a common hobby: music.
The international meeting will take place in Madrid, next February 2018 and will last 7 days.
The project aims to strengthen interculturality, critical thinking and social sensitivity of young people through music. The main issues or needs that the project tries to address are:
- Improve the personal development of young people: social, intellectual and emotional.
- Promote interculturality: Sensitization and understanding of other cultures and countries
- Transmit fundamental values such as solidarity, tolerance and respect.
Through a program of cultural activities and volunteering, organized by the young people themselves, the participants will work on the following specific objectives:
- Promote coexistence and intercultural dialogue
- Promote tolerance to social and cultural diversity
- Favor argumentation and reflection.
- Encourage the spirit of initiative of young people.
- Promote the development of linguistic, social and civic skills and competences
- Strengthen your emotional intelligence
- Promote awareness and commitment to social reality
- Promote recognition of non-formal learning
Youth leaders of the participating entities, Fundación del Valle (Spain) and Haus Hallsteg (Austria), will provide the necessary support and support to the young participants to achieve the expected results of the exchange:
- Young people able to live and interact with people from other countries and cultures
- Young people with an attitude of tolerance and respect for social and cultural diversity
- Young people with initiative, capacity for expression, communication and reflection
- Young people who are sensitive and committed to social reality
- Partner entities achieve a greater European dimension and strengthen transnational cooperation