In Ecuador we have collaborated in the construction of the Development Center for children with disabilities ‘La Joya’, opened in Otavalo on November 12, 2011.
- Local Partner: Guaguacuna Ecuador
- Members of the Convention:Fundación Sepla Ayuda and APMIB
- Number of direct beneficiaries: 280
- Number of Indirect beneficiaries: 2.900
- Financing: Generalitat de Valencia
- Grant: 203.028 €
- Total cost: 374.607 €
Aim: Crear en Otavalo un Centro integral de atención a personas con discapacidad intelectual.
Achieved: The ‘La Joya’ Centre now caters to 54 children, providing specialist care according to their disability. One of the greatest contributions to the project is the technical training which APMIB offers to local staff, a condition that ensures the Centre’s long term sustainability.