n Haiti we participate in improving the quality of education through the refurbishment of facilities at several schools. Our efforts multiplied after the earthquake that devastated the country in January 2010, and we have helped in the reconstruction of Petit-Goave school, helping over 600 students return to classes.
- Local Partner: Food For the Poor
- Nº of Direct Beneficiaries: 630
- Nº of Indirect beneficiaries: 480 families of the Petit Goave comunity
- Financing: Ayuntamiento de Villaviciosa de Odón
- Grant awarded: 30.000 €
- Total cost: 41.516 €
Achieved: In 2012, construction was begun of a canteen, a clinic and a multipurpose area, as well as other hygienic areas that will support students as they improve health and education. Meanwhile, 170 solar lamps were distributed among students, so they can continue their studies when they do not have natural light. The school will also have electrical solar light, enabling evening classes and night courses, serving more people.
- Local Partner: ESCUELA PICSOU
- Nº of Direct Beneficiaries: 350 niños/as
- Nº of Indirect beneficiaries: 952 personas
- Amount funded: 12.500 euros
- Total cost: 555.687 €
Aim: To rebuild the infrastructure of the school, re-equipping desks, tables and other school supplies to restart its operation.