The main activity of the project “Being in Europe”, -a youth exchange in which 32 young people from Croatia and Spain take part-, takes place in Madrid from the 1st to the 10th of July 2017, with the aim of promoting in young people the development of fundamental values for modeling a more inclusive and supportive society.
The fundamental values of our society are the ones that make up the integrity of the person. It is necessary to educate young people in values so that they are in Europe as whole people capable of molding a welcoming and solidarity society.
To this end, 16 young Spaniards host 16 Croatian youths, together with 28 participants plus 4 youth leaders, carry out a program of activities with the following specific objectives:
- Transmit to young people the fundamental values of our society
- Encourage the active and responsible participation of young people in society
- To favor a committed and caring attitude among young people
- Encourage respect for diversity
- Sharing knowledge and experiences among young and old
- Encourage intercultural dialogue
- Encourage coexistence and mutual enrichment among young people from different countries and cultures
- Encourage healthy behaviors in young people
All young Spaniards and Croats work together on the design, content and planning of the planned activities with the following structure:
1) Securities Workshops
Methodology: analytical and dialectic.
The young participants, supported by their leaders, will work on some of the fundamental values of the person and society, structured as follows:
- Values of the Union I: respect for human dignity and freedom.
- Values of the Union II: democracy and equality.
- Values of the person I: commitment, honesty and loyalty.
- Values of the person II: respect, tolerance and solidarity.
- Civic values I: citizenship and responsibility.
- Civic values II: equity and justice.
- Objective: Transmit to young people the fundamental values of our society.
- Intergenerational Volunteering: with sick elderly and / or in a state of solitude.
- Volunteering with the disadvantaged and young people at risk of exclusion.
- Encourage the active and responsible participation of young people in society.
- To favor in the young people a committed attitude and solidarity.
- Sharing knowledge and experiences among young and old.
- Reaching disadvantaged young people and / or at risk of exclusion.
- Encourage respect for diversity.
3) Cultural, leisure and leisure activities
- Cultural visit to Toledo.
- Hiking in the Sierra de Guadarrama (Madrid).
- Visit to the Prado Museum in Madrid.
- Visit Madrid City.
- Encourage intercultural dialogue.
- Encourage coexistence and mutual enrichment among young people from different countries and cultures.
- Encourage healthy behaviors in young people.
- Learning outcomes:
Knowledge of the fundamental values of our society:
- Respect for human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, commitment, honesty, loyalty, respect, tolerance, solidarity, citizenship, responsibility, equity and justice.
- Attitude committed, supportive and participative with social reality.
- Attitude of respect for diversity.
- Openness to intergenerational learning. Willingness to share knowledge and experiences among young and old.
- Openness to interculturality. Intercultural competences: dialogue, coexistence and interaction.
- Language skills: will be spoken in English.