The Community of Madrid has subsidized with an amount of € 49,596, our project “Promotion of institutional, economic and human capacities for the integral development of women in the municipalities of Tocoluca and Jiquilisco in El Salvador”, whose objectives are:
- Strengthen the Municipal Gender Units of the municipalities of Tecoluca and Zacatecoluca to improve the services and attention they offer to women through their municipal plans and programs. (1,080 women).
- Strengthen the organization of women’s groups to promote their rights and improve opportunities for participation and impact on the social, economic and cultural development of their municipalities. (5 organizations: 300 women).
- Improve the management capacity, tools and equipment of economic initiatives promoted by women entrepreneurs, developing a business associativity process to improve their family income and economic autonomy. (10 women entrepreneurs who employ 50 people).
- Financer: COMUNIDAD DE MADRID
- Local Partner: Foundation for Community Cooperation and Development of El Salvador (CORDES)
- No. Direct beneficiaries: 1,390 women
- No. Indirect beneficiaries: 5,560 people
- Total Cost: € 97,883
- Subsidized cost: € 49,596