The Erasmus + Youth program finances a youth exchange in which 24 young people from Finland and Spain will participate.
The aim of the project is to encourage young people to raise awareness of the European project and the values of the Union so that they can build a united, open and united Europe.
The international meeting will take place in Madrid, in October 2017, and will last 8 days: 4 in Madrid and 4 in Santiago de Compostela.
Through a program of cultural and outdoor activities, organized by the youth themselves and carrying out one of the stages of the Camino de Santiago, participants will work on the following specific objectives:
- Promoting European identity and awareness
- Promote respect and solidarity in the face of diversity
- Transmit fundamental values of society
- Encourage intercultural awareness, dialogue and social integration
- Promoting active citizenship and the participation of young people in the democratic life of Europe
- Strengthen language skills
- Recognition of non-formal learning
Youth monitors from the participating institutions, Fundación del Valle (Spain) and Kulttuurin Ja Kehityksen Edistamisyhdistys Ry (Finland), will provide the necessary support and support to young participants to achieve the expected results of the exchange:
- Knowledge of the roots, peoples and cultures of Europe
- Solidarity and respect for cultural, social and religious diversity
- Willingness to rediscover and defend the values of Europe
- Openness to interculturality
- Dialogue, coexistence and interaction
- Participatory attitude in society Improvement of language skills
- English Validation of acquired competences